Materials from Personal Libraries at the SRC Library
【1】ITO Kiyohisa (1922-1991)
- Ito Kiyohisa was born in Obihiro City, Hokkaido Prefecture in 1922. He graduated from Kharbin Institute in 1943. After returning from a Siberian captive life, worked at Nissho Iwai Co. Ltd., and after the retirement from the company lectured at Sophia University in Tokyo and Tokai University. He died in 1991.
- The SRC Library received his personal library as a gift in 1996 and 584 titles from the library enriched our collection. They include many historical studies and literary works and much of them treat WWII.
- Boris Itenberg was a eminent scholar engaging in Russian populism. He lived in Moscow. In the second half of 1990's the SRC Library purchased several hundred volumes of books from him. His personal library includes much rare books on Russian social thoughts, published both before and after the Russian Revolution.
【3】George Y. Shevelov (1908-2002)
- George Y. Shevelov was born at Lomza, Poland in 1908. After the WWII, emigrated to US, taught at Harvard University and Columbia University. He was a distinguished specialist of Slavic philology and at the same time literary critic. He passed away in 2002.
- The SRC Library purchased his library from 1997 on the basis of mutual agreement with him.
Copyright (C) 2001-2020 Slavic-Eurasian Research Center Library, Hokkaido University