Materials from Personal Libraries at the SRC Library
【1】ITO Kiyahisa (1922-1991)
- Ito Kiyohisa was born in Obihiro City, Hokkaido Prefecture in 1922. He graduated from Kharbin Institute in 1943. After returning from a Siberian captive life, worked at Nissho Iwai Co. Ltd., and after the retirement from the company lectured at Sophia University in Tokyo and Tokai University. He died in 1991.
- The SRC Library received his personal library as a gift in 1996 and 584 titles from the library enriched our collection. They include many historical studies and literary works and much of them treat WWII.
- Boris Itenberg is a eminent scholar engaging in Russian populism. He lives in Moscow. From 1996 to the present, the SRC Library purchased several hundred volumes of books from him. His personal library includes much rare books on Russian social thoughts, published both before and after the Russian Revolution.
【3】George Y. Shevelov (1908- )
- George Y. Shevelov was born at Lomza, Poland in 1908. After the WWII, emigrated to US, taught at Harvard University and Columbia University. He is a distinguished specialist of Slavic philology and at the same time literary critic.
- The SRC Library is purchasing his library from 1997 on the basis of mutual agreement with him.
Copyright (C) 2001-2012 Slavic Research Center Library, Hokkaido University