|Status||ID/password||How to apply for an ID/password|
|Faculty and staff||SSO-ID and its password
(your ID and password when you login to the SSO (Single Sign On) system)
|Issued automatically on employment.Plaese refer to "About SSO system (Japanese)".|
|Students||ELMS-ID and its password
(your ID and password when you login to ELMS system)
|New elms system started from March 2015.
[Note : About password.] Details about ELMS, plaese refer to the "Using ELMS (Japanese)".
|Professor emeriti||Library user ID (= user number on your library card) and its password
（your ID and password when you login to the "Library Web Service"）
|Please refer to the "To staff or researcher of Hokkaido University who does not have your IC University ID card / Emeritus professor / Retired staff".|
|The Other staff etc
(staff members etc. who do not have SSO-ID)
|iiC-ID and its password
(your ID and password when you login to the Information Initiative Center portal)
|Please refer to the "About setting iiC-ID (Japanese)".|
- This service gives members of Hokkaido University access to e-journals and databases from home or from business trip destinations.
- It is provided in line with license agreements concluded between Hokkaido University and e-journal/database providers.
- The service is available to current Hokkaido University students and staff.
- Some e-journals and some databases are not available under this service.
- This service uses the same authentication system as used in the common-use computers (Japanese) (except professor emeriti).