History

History

Sapporo Agricultural College

Aug. 1876 Sapporo Agricultural College was established.
Book stack room was opened in the auditorium.
Dec. 1876 Reading room was opened in the auditorium.
Book storage was newly built.
Nov. 1890 Extension to book storage. Reading room and office were built.
Nov. 1891 Dr. INAZO NITOBE assumed the post of first director.
Feb. 1900 Starting to make card catalog by Dewey decimal classification.
Jun. 1903 Library was newly built in present campus.

Tohoku Imperial University

Jun. 1907 Sapporo Agricultural College Library was renamed Agricultural College Library of Tohoku Imperial University.
Oct. 1914 Opening hours extended to the evening.

Hokkaido Imperial University

Mar. 1918 Agricultural College Library of Tohoku Imperial University was renamed Hokkaido Imperial University Library.
Sep. 1925 Reading room (Journals) and office were newly built.
Oct. 1929 Book binding room and press room were newly built.
Nov. 1929 Reading room (Newspapers) was newly built.
Oct. 1937 Northern Culture Research Division was established.
Nov. 1937 Document which Hokkaido Prefectural Government collected was deposited. (Manuscript, Diagram, Photograph)

Hokkaido University

Oct. 1947 Hokkaido Imperial University Library was renamed Hokkaido University Library.
Nov. 1963 Branch library was established in the Department of general education.
Jun. 1965 New library was built.
Jan. 1967 Hokkaido University Library Bulletin "Yu-in" was first issued.
Jun. 1967 Northern Culture Research Division was closed and Northern Studies Collection Room was established.
Oct. 1969 Branch of General education was newly built.
Sep. 1970 Opening hours extended to the evening. (Branch of General education)
Jan. 1971 Reference Room of Hokkaido University History was opened. (Central library)
Mar. 1982 European Communities Document Center (ECD) was opened. (Central library)
1983 Foreign official gazette and Congressional document zone was opened. (Central library)
Mar. 1986 Library online computer system was introduced and online search service was begun.
Connected to Catalog database of the National Center for Science Information Systems (NACSIS).
Sep. 1990 Number of inputs to Hokkaido University Library Database reached to 1,000,000.
Apr. 1992 Interlibrary loan (ILL) service by NACSIS was started.
May. 1993 Library opening hours extended on Saturday.
Dec. 1993 Book Detection System (BDS) was introduced. (Branch of General education)
Apr. 1995 Branch of General education was renamed North branch.
Jul. 1995 International Organization Collections Room was opened. (Central library)
Sep. 1995 Hokkaido University Library Website was launched.
Oct. 1996 Northern Studies Collection Databese was opened.
Mar. 1997 BDS was introduced. (Central library)
Apr. 1997 Library opening hours extended on Sunday. (Central library)
Oct. 1998 Library opening hours extended on Sunday. (North branch)
Preliminary version of Hokkaido University Library Bulletin "Yu-in Letter" was first issued.
Mar. 1999 Automatic entry and exit machine was introduced.
Automatic rental machine was introduced. (North branch)
Jun. 1999 Online service was started (Purchase request, interlibrary loan and photocopy request).
Mar. 2000 Automatic rental machine was introduced. (Central library)
Apr. 2000 Multimedia Room was opened. (North branch)
Feb. 2001 Start a mobile version of user guide on the web.
Mar. 2001 Precious Document Room was opened. (Central library)
Apr. 2001 "Introduction to information retrieval"(User support service) was started.
Apr. 2002 The vice director post was established.
Library opening hours extended on Public holidays.
Nov. 2002 Lending service for outside user was started.

National University Corporation Hokkaido University

Apr. 2004 High-definition electronic imaging of Northern Studies Collection started to display on the web.
Dec. 2004 Extended Saturday,Sunday and Public holiday library opening hours. (2hours)
Mar. 2005 Memorandum on business tie-up was exchanged with Peking University Library.
Mar. 2006 Refurbishment of reading room in North branch. (1-3 Floors)
Apr. 2006 Hokkaido University Collection of Scholarly and Academic Papers (HUSCAP) was launched.
Nov. 2007 Seismic repair work at North branch was done.
Aug. 2009 North branch was renamed North library.
Jul. 2011 South wing of Central Library with automated storage and retrieval system was opened.

コメントは受け付けていません。