Hokkaido University Library offers access to extensive electronic resources (e-Books, e-Journals, and Databases) to assist members of Hokkaido University. Some of them can be accessed from off campus through our remote access service, and you can use them while you are at home.
You can reach to e-resources from outside the campus by following steps:
- Access to "Remote Access"
- Log in to "Remote Access Service", then switch to "Hokkaido University Library Catalog".
*After successfully switching to "Hokkaido University Library Catalog", enter keywords (or title of the book) in the search column just as you normally do. Then select "E Resource" in the "Filtering Item" on the left panel of the page to narrow the results only to e-resource.
**You can also use advanced search for finding e-books and e-journals. In this case, firstly click on "Advanced" button just above the search column, then tick the box "E-Book" in the "Document Type". Then it will give you the results with e-books only (You can also tick "E-journal" if you would like to include them in the results).
***Please be sure to log out after use.
****"Remote Access Service" is provided to Hokkaido University members only.
Please see details here. We list our recommendations below:
- ScienceDirect This includes: "Encyclopedia of Ecology", "Methods in Enzymology", "Handbook of Economic Series" and so on.
- Springer Link This provides you following series: "Methods in Molecular Biology", "Lecture Notes in Mathematics" and so on. You will find an icon of a "↓Download book".
- Wiley Online Library You will find 400 titles such as "Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization." Their E-books have an icon of a padlock.
- On campus, you can use e-books without logging in to remote access. You can simply search and select E-book in Hokkaido University Library Catalog.
update: 2020/04/16 16:28